FOLLOW ME HERE

This blog has moved to:
http://getcluedincolorado.com

Same great information, same great blog--- fabulous new look! Check out http://getlcuedincolorado.com today!

Friday, May 09, 2008

It's her Party and I'll cry if I want to

We are in the midst (frenzy, rather) of planning our daughter's 1st birthday party. She could care less and would be content if we just popped out new tupperware for the occasion but instead I have decided to have a big soiree- catered food, the big cake, and all. With the birthday 2 weeks away and approximately 32 people (including kids) thus far, I am a little overwhelmed especially when I learned I needed goody bags and games for the kids. Bah Humbug!

This was supposed to be a drink fest for me and my single, childless friends. I had no idea so many kids were showing up - we may have 12!! And only 3 of them are in the vicinity of my daughter's age. So needless to say, this will be interesting. On the other hand, it will be nice to meet the newest addition to one of our friend's home and finally meet a coworkers' husband- I have heard way too much about him and never met him. They are the parents of twin boys though and the twins are quite ... destructive - yikers!

I still have a lot to do - order and confirm all the food, ensure it will be picked up, and order my brother's ice cream- oh yeah, it is his birthday the same day as my daughter's. Needless to say, there will be a lot the day before and the day of the party but I think we picked the right time- 4pm on, allowing everyone flexibility with naps, nighttime routines, and what not. I have a hard time handling one kid, it will be interesting to see what happens to the house after approximately 12 kids run through it. Ah well, it's my, I mean, HER party and I will cry if I want to. :-0