FOLLOW ME HERE

This blog has moved to:
http://getcluedincolorado.com

Same great information, same great blog--- fabulous new look! Check out http://getlcuedincolorado.com today!

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Enduro What?



Please note: I am editing this blog because it is getting a lot of traffic and I mean, a lot! I honestly did not know Enduro Seude and Micro Fiber were the same thing and I feel that I rushed into buying a couch so I will periodically update what is going on with the couch so you have the full story.

September 2009
I have spent the past few weeks searching for the perfect couch... of course, despite dropping alot of money, I am still convinced I have found it. First, I was set on cloth couches- fabric. We found one we liked at American Furniture but I noticed none of the pillows were removable- IE, they were stuck to the couch and you could not remove them to wash them. That is bad. Then I did research on Chenille and kids and chenille is a bad combo. Something called microfiber was a better buy so I started to search for that. Of course, I stopped by Sofa Mart and saw that all their couches had removable pillows and washable cushions, not to mention reversible. This is good. The only problem as I discovered two days after purchase (by doing some research on the internet- kind of like you are doing now): Static on micro-fiber!!! Sofa Mart sports their micro fiber as enduro suede(R). It is a nice material and soft but suede-like polyester. You know what that means right? STATIC!

Yes, Static is a huge problem as I discovered whilst googling "how to reduce static electricity on micro fiber." Well, the solution is not simple especially when you live in the mile-high (AKA. dry) city. Tomorrow, the couch will be delivered and I will try the anti-static spray I have purchased but I have a 7-day trial period and then may need to switch it out if it does not work. We have not had that problem until now because we have leather. I guess we will find out but I am super nervous. It seems like microfiber is very popular. Unfortunately, I am very prone to static cling and electricity shockers. So are my kids and all the fun jammies they like to wear. I hate it but let's see -- there is always the 7-day exchange and a few fabric couches that Sofa Mart had... but all in all, I think leather is the best for people with kids - talk about EN-DURABLE! Let's see how Enduro Seude holds up and hope Sofa Mart can put their guarantee where their mouth is!

If you found this blog posting useful, please use the donate button to the right - all proceeds for children's charity.

UPDATE!!!! December 2009
Okay, so we are experiencing a very cold, dry winter here in Colorado and I have to say, despite using all the technics including static guard, water, and what not, there is tons of static on my couch and I hate it! I absolutely hate it. I would not recommend this couch if you do not like static. My kids are shocking me, each other and occassionally I shock the hell out of myself so I honestly wish I had gone with chenille. Now, on the plus side, it cleans up VERY WELL - very well indeed. But, I would still recommend leather if you have kids. If you have pets -- well, up to you - I do not have pets so I cannot speak from personal experience. My favorite is chenille fabric or leather and I think my next couch will be that one.

UPDATE!!! January 2010
So, today was not a good day for our couch and the enduro seude proves to be child proof yet again. Our toddler is potty training and had a massive accident on the couch- only urine thank god, but nonetheless, a mess! Make sure you get the cleaning kit that comes with the couch at Sofa Mart - it worked well and no smell, and no stain. So, while there is tons of static, it sure does clean well!