FOLLOW ME HERE

This blog has moved to:
http://getcluedincolorado.com

Same great information, same great blog--- fabulous new look! Check out http://getlcuedincolorado.com today!

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Don't judge a masseuse by his gender

I suppose I am modest and always have been. In a locker room full of women, I cover up instead of running around naked. In a co-ed spa in Europe, I do not get butt naked - that would be weird. And I have always had massages from female masseuse. But today, all that changed. A male masseuse gave me the best prenatal massage I have ever had!

I made an appointment last week when I knew I'd be in Colorado Springs and the name of the masseuse was Shannon so I did not think twice. Needless to say, when I arrived, a male was waiting for me and I worried but I decided to be brave, new age even and get over myself and give it a try and I was not disappointed. Sure, it was a little strange but I think if you view people as professionals then you can get past things like that.

I think the change for me came when my daughter was delivered last year. I was always pretty adamant to only have female gynecologists. I would never see a male. A male OB delivered my daughter and I think he did a great job. Needless to say, I have lost my modesty and all sense of gender-connected professions. Sure, I prefer a woman but would I give up a nice massage, or risk my baby's life to have a woman come and deliver her/him? No, that is silly.

So, after today, I have decided to give things a try - who knows? You might be surprised with the result.