FOLLOW ME HERE

This blog has moved to:
http://getcluedincolorado.com

Same great information, same great blog--- fabulous new look! Check out http://getlcuedincolorado.com today!

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Furnishings Update

Well, looks like we finally did it- we bit the bullet and finished our basement last month and did a lot of moving in but organizing is still left to do. This past week, I bit the bullet and put a dent in our budget again by shopping for furniture. The furniture shopping was prompted by a bad bed and my back pains associated with it. So, I decided it was time to get a new Queen bed for my infant daughter's room. This will be a temporary placement as I am sure in another 18-24 months, my two daughters will want bunk beds and sleep together - I hope so anyway. In any case, a good bed is a necessity - it is a must for me.

So, I made the trek to Furniture Row and during this trip, as you can tell from the blog before this one, ENDURO WHAT?, I went ahead and got an enduro suede(R) sofa- the Malibu (after much angst and changing my mind that is). I also got the Durango Queen mattress from Denver Mattress. I am happy to report that we are now a Furniture Row home as all of our mattresses are Denver Mattress and all of our furniture is too. Of course our dining room table is from American Furniture Warehouse but we got a great deal on it. In any case, I took delivery of all the pieces yesterday and had the delivery guys put the old items in the basement. We got new mattress pads and comforter sets too - Wal-Mart is a great bargain! Everything looks great and I am so far pleased with everything. I even woke up refreshed and without back pain from the new bed. It may be time to call in my warranty on the King-size Durango that seems a little dented in with a big speed bump in the middle where little or no use was received during both my pregnancies. In any case, I am excited to see that the basement will get much use in the coming weeks. We have my sister-in-law coming this week along with my in-laws for 6 days. I am excited that everything is ready in time for their arrival. The bathroom is ready for use as well down in the basement. This provide a good testing ground of the basement space and how it works with our family dynamics as well. All in all, I am pleased with the purchases thus far and look forward to continued use. Opinions mean a lot to me so I will be intrigued to see what my in-laws think and my mom too - my parents arrive in less than four weeks as well. Let's hope the basement was a good use of our money... time will tell.

December 2009, Update on Enduro-Seude Couch from Sofa Mart:
Okay, not pleased due to the dry winters in Colorado, as you can see from my blog, ENDURO WHAT? I am getting a lot of hits on this fabric and static and cleaning tips and I gotta say that while it is super easy to clean this couch, it is a royal static machine. You can literally see sparks on it despite what you use on it. When it first arrives from Sofa Mart, it is coated nicely with something but a few months later especially in Colorado (altitude + dry), you can really see the static cling and it is annoying at best. I do not recommend it at all! Get leather or fabric if you can.