FOLLOW ME HERE

This blog has moved to:
http://getcluedincolorado.com

Same great information, same great blog--- fabulous new look! Check out http://getlcuedincolorado.com today!

Monday, August 16, 2010

Denver International Airport- I like it, I love it, I want some more of it

 As promised, I needed to do a review of Denver International Airport (DIA).  I am partial because I fly in and out of Denver often.  With a cozy executive lounge and a fully stocked USO Lounge, I am spoiled rotten at this airport.  The food selection is out of this world too.  At the check-in area (before security) there is a plethora of fast food and quick gourmet dining- Panda Express, Taco Bell, Burger King, and a French Place.  There is a coffee house on the first level near security and a post office- yes, a full post office!  I mailed something there once and it got there the next day!

The drive to DIA from Denver sucks - you wonder why someone built an airport this far from a major city and interstate but if you can survive this, then you are okay.  After you check-in, you proceed towards your gate but if you need any help, there are two information booths and volunteers waiting near the security areas to assist you.  So, if you want to know what food places/drink places/services are near your gate or concourse, just ask.... someone will help!   Security - I know people talk trash about security but I have never had a problem with assistance and rudeness from security.  It is quite the opposite.  When I take the family line, I have had nothing but assistance and friendly TSA folks helping me out and when I travel for business, I have not had a problem getting through in a timely manner. 

I have to say, as far as airports go, I like DIA.  The only problem I have had is lack of 3G coverage for my iPhone and signing onto the wireless server in DIA costs too much.  All in all, though, as airports across the country go, kudos to you, DIA!