FOLLOW ME HERE

This blog has moved to:
http://getcluedincolorado.com

Same great information, same great blog--- fabulous new look! Check out http://getlcuedincolorado.com today!

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Reunion-Bound!!!


I recently bought airline tickets to attend my 10 year law school reunion. I cannot believe it has already been 10 years! Where has the time gone? I feel older and definitely a lot has changed in my life but come on! 10 years since a post-graduate degree seems like a long time and I do not even feel that old although I am sure I look it.

Anyway, I never thought I would attend the law school reunion because to me, undergraduate was more fun but as far as reunions, it is tougher to do an undergraduate reunion with so many different schools and colleges represented in one year group. This was a more tight-knit bunch, sharing classes in common, seeing each other daily for almost three years, and all the football games and tailgating! I remember law school as a very stressful time in my life especially freshman year but I do remember some of the people fondly. There were some I cared to never see again of course. Anyway, there are expenses associated with such a thing – cost of a ticket to the reunion party, cost of the football ticket if we attend that, and of course, flying all the way from Colorado to Louisiana- argh! I would have preferred a December reunion in the Pelican State but I guess I will take late September. The good news for me is that my husband and daughter are also coming along which will be nice to retreat to and remind me of how far I have come since graduating. But, I know it will be much more hectic and getting ready for the event might pose challenges as my daughter clings on to me for dear life. I am looking forward to seeing the people more than anything and finding out how their lives are and while I may only see them for a few hours that weekend, I think we will make network connections that may span longer than that so I am excited about that.

We have not visited New Orleans since the big K and I am curious to see what my old hang outs look like and how it is being rebuilt but at the same time, I am dreading seeing my city in shambles as well. I hope that I get some glimpses of hope as well and cannot wait to dig my teeth into those beignets… we will all need to dress down for that considering my daughter will be playing with the powdered sugar. N’awlins, here we come!