FOLLOW ME HERE

This blog has moved to:
http://getcluedincolorado.com

Same great information, same great blog--- fabulous new look! Check out http://getlcuedincolorado.com today!

Thursday, July 31, 2008

"Maid"en Voyage

I am at a stage in my life when I finally needed help with household chores and yesterday, was our maiden voyage hiring a maid. We met with her beforehand. She was referred by a mom’s group and came highly recommended. The great news is that she lives near my home, so for her, it is a quick jaunt over and of course, as usual, in matters such as these, I was nervous someone would be in my home unattended for a few hours. I am always concerned about things like that but I decided to let go, breathe, and have a little faith and trust. I hope that it continues to go well – putting your trust in someone is tough to do.

There was a lot of staging the night before – we had to ensure the counters were clean of debris and flyers and coupons – which, if you saw our house pre-cleaning, you would understand was an arduous task. We had to put our numerous laptops and cords away and clean up so to speak so that the items were strategically placed for her to clean the maximum amount especially carpet, floor, and countertop space. So, the big day finally arrived and went without incident. I came home to a very clean home and was pleasantly surprised to see the bathrooms in such clean condition – I have not seen a bathtub this clean --- ever! Not even my husband (bless him, the only one of us who actually cleans) can scrub a shower like this lady did. The beds were all made with fresh linen we left out and the old linens were laid nicely for us to wash and prepare for the next time. Since this was her first trip to our house, it probably took her longer than it otherwise would because she had to clean for the first time and trust me, our house was dirty! It needed some serious cleaning. The place had not been mopped or swept properly in a very long time so I think she had a tough road ahead of her. She and her associate were there for close to three hours but the house was so nice to come home to – it was clean and even Diya appeared to enjoy her new, dust-free environment. It was so refreshing! I do not know why we have not done this sooner. Even if we have family move back with us, it is a good idea to do something like this at least once every month.

Anyway, I never imagined needing help like this – a maid, someone who cooks for me, etc., but it is good to know this is there and I think it will be hard to go back to living without this help so for now, we will all just enjoy it and …. My daughter finally got to sleep in a clean bed, and bathe in a very clean bathtub. She could see her reflection in the spickit and I think that was very exciting … for all of us!