FOLLOW ME HERE

This blog has moved to:
http://getcluedincolorado.com

Same great information, same great blog--- fabulous new look! Check out http://getlcuedincolorado.com today!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Approaching D-Day

Today, I had my 34-week appointment with the OB for my pregnancy and for the past few days, it has really started to hit me that another life is about to enter the world and our home. Our lives about to change yet again. It is not scary as much at is a bit daunting - seems like there is a lot to do and not enough time to do it. If I am going to hire a doula, I need to get on that. I need to start doing exercises to help in preparation for childbirth, and start getting my paperwork in order to take Family Medical Leave. Lots to do and it seems like very little time to do it in. I would like to have my bag packed but there is a lot I cannot pack til the day of - for example, my robe cannot be packed til the day of. PJs - same story and clothing for the hospital- same thing. My hubbie can always run home and get me some things but I would rather do it myself. At least my paperwork is done, I am pre-registered, and the baby's things are packed too. The hospital really gives you everything else you need except for comfortable clothes and shoes so, I do not have much to worry about.

In any case, as I start thinking of D-Day, I am a little nervous. I now know what childbirth is like, how long it can last, and all the things that can go right and wrong. As I await my fate and look forward to seeing Baby #2, I also worry about many things but ... I guess it is out of my control so we will just wait and see.