FOLLOW ME HERE

This blog has moved to:
http://getcluedincolorado.com

Same great information, same great blog--- fabulous new look! Check out http://getlcuedincolorado.com today!

Monday, February 16, 2009

Can a cough really last this long?

I feel like I have been hit by the plague. For almost 16 days now, I have had the worst imaginable cough. Being preggers and coughing up a lung every few hours is certainly not fun! When it first started, all my muscles were sore from all the excessive coughing. What a nightmare for the baby! Needless to say, I wonder how long a viral cough like this will last especially considering my impending labor and delivery. I wonder if the cough will help just push the baby along or hinder the entire process. There is so much pain as it is much less dealing with a bronchial cough like this one.

I have tried everything. I was even on antibiotics. Obviously, it was not a bacterial infection. I have tried Robitussin and Robitussin with Codeine, home remedies, cough drops, and everything else natural you can imagine. This is probably the worst strain of the cough I have gotten and at a time when my immune system is very weak. Anyway, here's to hoping this horrible plague ends soon so I can get on with the important task of focusing on labor and delivery.