FOLLOW ME HERE

This blog has moved to:
http://getcluedincolorado.com

Same great information, same great blog--- fabulous new look! Check out http://getlcuedincolorado.com today!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The basement project has begun

I cannot believe that our basement project has finally begun- I came home to an ugly dumpster parked in the street in front of our home, a port-o-let nestled in the bushes to the left of my home and the sweet smell of lumber. After 2 years in the home, we finally are biting the bullet and finishing the basement so we can enjoy it. We do not need the space and while it is practical to have a guest bedroom, it will just be nice to have a home office, and some extra room for my husband to "retreat to" when he needs it - of course, maybe I can retreat there too - after nursing is done that is. In any case, no matter what we use the basement for in the future, for the next 4 weeks, our house is hostage to construction from 730-430pm and so, we have to deal with the dumpster and the other uglies, and the noise, and the constant traffic of strange, smelly men but there are worse things and of course, it is only 4 weeks... as I keep telling myself in Seinfeld -like fashion, "it's like 2 days really" and before we know it, our basement will be ready for us to move into.

I just hope all goes well and more importantly, on time!