FOLLOW ME HERE

This blog has moved to:
http://getcluedincolorado.com

Same great information, same great blog--- fabulous new look! Check out http://getlcuedincolorado.com today!

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Massage Jealousy

I had another so-so massage at Massage Envy and decided it was time to write this Blog. I became a member because when I was pregnant with my first child, I had some amazing prenatal massages down at the Massage Envy in Colorado Springs. So keeping tradition, I decided that with this pregnancy and all the early pains that started with it that I would get a 6-month membership and hoped I would find someone up here in the Denver area that I liked. So far, that venture has proven unsuccessful.

Ironically enough, as my previous posting stated, I absolutely love – love – love my new masseuse down in the Springs – he does the most amazing prenatal massage therapy. I call it massage therapy because he does a bit of physical therapy along with a normal massage, spends time getting to know my needs and pains and is just a great masseuse. He is leaving massage envy though so the membership may prove to be useless and leave me in a state of massage jealousy so to speak.

This guy who I was reluctant to see first because I was biased against male massage therapists is amazing and if there is a pain, it is gone within a day of his massages. Sadly enough, if I get a massage from someone else, sometimes those pains increase. It is very hard to find a good masseuse and after visiting three different Massage Envys, I still have not found that perfect masseuse in the Denver area so I keep going to my favorite one down in Colorado Springs. He has his own practice now so I try to schedule my time with him during military drill weekends. Unfortunately after January 12, I will not be down there until May (due to maternity leave) so he gave me a referral for someone up here and I look forward to trying out those services during the last 4 weeks of pregnancy but alas, it is not affiliated with Massage Envy. Let this serve as a cautionary note to you folks who are considering membership with a specific place like Massage Envy. Make sure the person you love love love is with the massage envy and plans on staying for a bit. Otherwise, it could all be for nothing and you too could end up with massage jealousy.