FOLLOW ME HERE

This blog has moved to:
http://getcluedincolorado.com

Same great information, same great blog--- fabulous new look! Check out http://getlcuedincolorado.com today!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

All dressed up and nowhere to .... snow?

I am in our nation's capitol this week and I always notice the same stuff here- the women here act like they are Parisians- they dress up all the time and are all always wearing boots- no, not snow boots or appropriate weather boots but --- boots with heels and no traction. Everywhere I look here women and men are dressed up in their suits, dresses, or outfits that make you wonder where you are sometimes. I think this city is just more formal than say Denver or Fort Collins, or even Phoenix, but come on! After the city had a dumping of over 30 inches of snow, the sidewalks are a mess, and there is no place to walk so you think they would learn from that - but no!

In any case, I am really glad that I do not live here- I put on my Coat- it is a ski coat/jacket not an overcoat, and my tennis shoes, and I can walk like it's nobody's business. Sure, I may not look like a sheek Fashion model but I am comfortable and warm, and more importantly, not flat on the pavement.

In any case, I am not impressed with the city and the people are the worst- they are not friendly at all and I really miss home... yes, when you want to appreciate where you live, take a trip somewhere else- maybe to the East Coast... it will definitely make you wanna GO WEST!