FOLLOW ME HERE

This blog has moved to:
http://getcluedincolorado.com

Same great information, same great blog--- fabulous new look! Check out http://getlcuedincolorado.com today!

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

AMC Theaters do not honor military

Last week, my husband and I got a much needed date evening/afternoon. It came as sort of a celebration too of news he received at work so it was doubly fun. But, it was a rude awakening for me on the real cost of going out these days. Since my husband and see movies separately or see shorter-length films together at the Elvis Cinemas in Colorado. We usually use a buy one get one free coupon there, and for $2.50 + Snacks, we both get to see a nice movie. We saw Julie & Julia as a matinee there for $8.00 total and that included popcorn and a drink! What a great movie and what a great date afternoon we had and certainly, at those prices, you cannot beat it.

Well, last week, we decided to opt to see a shorter movie than Avatar because our child was in day care and I was not feeling well. We saw Up in the Air right near my daughter's preschool but I discovered what a nightmare AMC theaters was and is. This reminded me again of why I do not go to AMC and rather, opt for Regal, United Artist, Cinemark, or Kerasotes because they all offer a military discount and matinee prices. For example, at Old Town Wadsworth theater (Kerasotes), there is always one rush hour show which is $5.50 without any discounts. What a deal! Then, there is always a military discount at Kerasotes, Cinemark, and Regal otherwise which saves a person upwards of $1.50 each ticket. We ended up spending $8.00 per ticket to see a movie at 150pm. What is that about? AMC does not offer military discounts but does offer senior and student discounts.

The same show at Kerasotes would have been $6.50 per ticket. The $1.50 difference would not have been a big deal but then I got inside and the raping had just begun. The concessions were extremely expensive starting at $3.75 for a small drink and $4.25 for a small popcorn. Are you F'ing kidding me!!? $10.00 for a drink and popcorn!? I felt like I should have just bent over before I went into the theater and in any case, I know and remembered why I do not go to AMC theaters and why they are going under. It is not due to lack of concessions sale, it is because of their piss poor policies and overcharging the public. If it was not close to my daughter's school, we would not have gone this time either but I certainly plan on not going back there again unless AMC starts honoring military along with students and lowers its concession prices and ... don't even think of searching my bag!