FOLLOW ME HERE

This blog has moved to:
http://getcluedincolorado.com

Same great information, same great blog--- fabulous new look! Check out http://getlcuedincolorado.com today!

Saturday, March 20, 2010

The DMV, Colorado-- Golden location

This past week I had to make an unfortunate trip to the DMV to renew my driver's license. Yes, you can do it on-line and I am a tech geek so you ask - why did I have to renew in person? Honestly, I wish I did not have to but for some reason the system would not let me. No, there are no search warrants out for me nor am I in debt to anyone or in arrears. Nope- nothing like that. I just moved three years ago and the DMV for some reason would not let me renew on-line. Lesson learned for all you out there who have one address on your license and live somewhere else- change your address on-line first (it is permissible), and the pay the fee, and then, when it is time to renew, you will not have to undergo the pain, suffering, and lobotomy I had to at the DMV.

I went to the Golden location - maybe going at lunch time was not a good idea but when I got there I was handed number 93 and they were on 71 - GOOD LORD! It took 1 hour to call my number - one, LONG, painful, frigging HOUR! There was a sign that stated that military was honored if you show an ID card and would be expedited - yah my ass- I was not expedited. Felt like I was slowed down in fact. When I got to the counter, it took less than 10 mins to finish.... what a nightmare! So, what happened? Why could I not renew on-line? Damn address change. In any case, maybe the wait is less in the early morning or late in the afternoon - I am not sure, all I know is that I would rather have had an annual exam at my GYN's than have gone through this so next time, I will wisen up. Oh yeah, I have not received the license in the mail yet. Go figure!