FOLLOW ME HERE

This blog has moved to:
http://getcluedincolorado.com

Same great information, same great blog--- fabulous new look! Check out http://getlcuedincolorado.com today!

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Omaha- Oh My!


This week, I had the opportunity to travel to Omaha, Nebraska, on business. Business matters aside (which were tedious), I had a great time in Omaha and exploring the city. It is a nice city and the downtown, riverfront area along with Old Town are quite neat. The restaurants are not chain by any means, and the shops are quaint and very inviting. I was impressed with the city and how clean it was too. Did you know, just across the river from Omaha, you can visit Iowa? There are riverboats and river cruises and a lot to do and see. I certainly think it is a place that my family and I can visit together sometime. The hotel I stayed at, the Hilton Garden Inn was very nice and the hospitality is unsurpassed! If I had to return here, I would stay here again for sure. It is just three blocks from Old Town and right across the riverfront area.

Unfortunately, I had to dine alone on the one dinner I could have in town because my friend had an emergency so I am bummed out that I missed her but it is exciting to check out a new city, its people, and its eats. I am no foodie but it is nice to have a nice meal out.