FOLLOW ME HERE

This blog has moved to:
http://getcluedincolorado.com

Same great information, same great blog--- fabulous new look! Check out http://getlcuedincolorado.com today!

Monday, September 01, 2008

What parents tell themselves

Well, it has happened.... against my better judgment, my child has become the child I feared long ago but swore that would never happen to me. Don't all adults who want to be parents have to tell themselves the same thing in order to procreate? Oh no, my child will never end up like that! The truth is you never know.... but I think it is good that couples still believe that their child could never be bad or end up like the kid throwing pasta and rolls, or we would have a population crisis on our hands.

Anyway, our child is approaching that age where she is having a mind of her own and wants what she wants. She is getting an attitude and gets cranky when she does not get her way. And it is even worse in public. Her shrieks send chills down my spine and in public, it makes me cringe even more. So, we are there.... we are now the parents that others look at and our screaming child and say, "that'll never happen to us."

It's a good thing too because if they did not believe that, they may never have childen of their own. We are hoping for the best as she approaches her 2-year mark and we face the prospects of another child. Maybe had we seen this behavior before we got pregnant, we might not have .....