FOLLOW ME HERE

This blog has moved to:
http://getcluedincolorado.com

Same great information, same great blog--- fabulous new look! Check out http://getlcuedincolorado.com today!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

A review of Hyatt Regency - Downtown Albuquerque

During my first trip to Albuquerque, New Mexico, I stayed in the Hyatt Regency in downtown ABQ. I gotta say, what a nice hotel but without the frills - meaning, there is no mini bar in the rooms, or coffee maker (you gotta ask for it), and there are no robes or fun things but the hotel was just nice. From the lobby to the noise levels in the room, it is a well designed hotel. I had a decent room but no view which was fine- I was only there 2 nights. In any case, the meeting spaces are nice, and the temperature is great. The hotel catered our food and I have to say, it was a great taste of New Mexico. I think I was not used to eating so much and got sick from eating way too much good spicy food.

All in all, it was a good trip and I would recommend the Hyatt in Albuquerque. Some warnings though: Everything in downtown including the Starbucks in the hotel itself shuts down by 430-5pm so be prepared for that and to get anywhere you definitely need a car. I was lucky that my colleagues had a rental car. Otherwise, I would have been stuck at the hotel - there are worst things than being stuck in a hotel though.

Happy Trails!