FOLLOW ME HERE

This blog has moved to:
http://getcluedincolorado.com

Same great information, same great blog--- fabulous new look! Check out http://getlcuedincolorado.com today!

Monday, May 31, 2010

Differences between Lowe's and Home Depot

I would remiss to have a consumer blog and not do a review on the two big hardware competitors- Lowe's and Home Depot. My recent experience is in home furnishings - faux wood blinds for my newly remodeled basement. I got a coupon to get 10% off at Lowe's so I went to Lowe's in Lakewood first. The lady there was on the phone despite me standing in front of her for well over 5 minutes. When she got off the phone, I asked her for the discount blinds and swatches. I asked if I could check out the book to match the color- I am not sure how else someone is supposed to match the color to their home and actually make a purchase. But apparently the other book was checked out so I could not even get a sample. The lady at Lowe's was not even ready to take down my number and call me when it was available. Contrast that with Home Depot. Amy, at the Westminster Home Depot, is amazing!

She is very helpful, very knowledgeable, and took me several ideas on the computer. She also calls you at home when the swatch books are available or in this case, since it had not been returned, she just told me to take their last book leaving the store without one - that shows extreme trust! Of course, I took it right back but how else can someone finish a home improvement project if the store employee does not work with the customer? Home Depot even matched my Lowe's coupon and I got 10% off in addition to their sale prices. I also got another 10% off for a Home Depot card. All in all, this experience has taught me that Home Depot is more willing to work with their customers than Lowe's... granted, it was just one Lowe's and one Home Depot but I had a great experience and it is one that I will pass on to others.