FOLLOW ME HERE

This blog has moved to:
http://getcluedincolorado.com

Same great information, same great blog--- fabulous new look! Check out http://getlcuedincolorado.com today!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

U2 postpones concert in Denver- disappoints fans and no refunds

Note:  As of July 13, 2010, this is the most current information from Live Nation:  U2 rescheduled dates are posted on the Live Nation website, including some information (albeit not a lot) on refunds.  If you cannot make the rescheduled dates, refunds are available "at point of purchase".  I  am not sure what that means if anything.  Keep in mind that refunds will be for the face value of the ticket and no refunds will be made for service charge or handling.  Nice!

Today I learned that the U2 concert for June 12, 2010 in Denver has been postponed for ONE YEAR- that's right folks, 2011 is a potential reschedule for the U2 concert. Many other cities are affected. Scalpers who sell on line and those who cheat the system are excited so they can sell their tickets a year later. I am a honest purchaser- a person who was attending because I like the music and wanted to do something for my 5th wedding anniversary. I even arranged for childcare- my mom flying in from another state. So you can imagine my extreme disappointment in U2 (the band), their agents, and the ticket agents. They will not issue a refund yet because it is rescheduled and not cancelled. My theory is that if you reschedule a concert one year from the date of the original date, that is a cancellation and you should offer a FULL refund including handling charges to those fans and consumers who feel like they cannot plan out one year- we barely could plan out 6 months but did so in January when we purchased the tickets.

I am grossly disappointed and hope that U2 the band and their promoters do the right thing and refund the money to those who cannot decide what they will be doing one year from now. I am no longer CLUELESS IN COLORADO and am currently DISAPPOINTED IN COLORADO over the rescheduled U2 concert.