FOLLOW ME HERE

This blog has moved to:
http://getcluedincolorado.com

Same great information, same great blog--- fabulous new look! Check out http://getlcuedincolorado.com today!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Review of the Yard House, Colorado Mills Mall

I have always loved the daily happy hours at the Yard House at Colorado Mills Mall, Golden, Colorado, and we always go there- it is a great spot for our office, for after work happy hours, and of course, a fun place for the kiddos to come. I have always done orders for the half price appetizers with my drinks and then even have managed to take home food for the family when they cannot join me. In any case, yesterday we went there for a happy hour and some food and it was odd to say the least.

We got seated 45 minutes after we arrived- the longest wait I have ever had there. Then, to top it off, when I ordered the 2nd set of appetizers, some of which were to take home, I asked for all of them to be packaged, and the waitress immediately "told" on us- probably because Yard House does not permit Happy Hour stuff to go. That's fine but I was here with a friend and we drank and ate. What is the big deal? The manager came over to talk with us and the entire transaction was awkward. I am going to have to rethink going to the Yard House and while we go there all the time, I am going to have come up with other happy hour places- ones that are not so weird about me taking my food to go after having been at their restaurant (wait and all) for 2 hours!