FOLLOW ME HERE

This blog has moved to:
http://getcluedincolorado.com

Same great information, same great blog--- fabulous new look! Check out http://getlcuedincolorado.com today!

Friday, September 17, 2010

Rasika Restaurant - Indian Fusion in D.C.

I recently was back in our nation's capital and had a chance to visit Rasika Restaurant in D.C.  Romantically lit (ie. it was a bit dark in there) and sheekly decorated, Rasika is a very crowded restaurant that boasts a new trend in cuisines:  INDIAN FUSION.  Indian Fusion is quite good and innovative.  I only had appetizers and not a main course so I will speak to those but like Amber in San Francisco, this restaurant is quite retro and the food is equally amazing.  Among the appetizers, the sev batata poori and Palak Chaat is quite good.  I would stay away from the Ragra Patis but the main dishes that others had looked quite appetizing too - with a side of basmati rice, the main courses are probably quite filling.  The Naan Breads were innovative too! Boasting breads like Goat Cheese Kulcha, Rasika fuses the best flavors of India together in with modern ingredients and I have to say my mouth is watering just thinking of my recent experience there.  While the prices are on the high side, folks, this is Washington, D.C.  I am not sure if this place was overrated but you could not get reservations on a Tuesday OR Wednesday night!   Rasika is a must visit in D.C. if you're in the mood for some spice and fusion- Indian style!