FOLLOW ME HERE

This blog has moved to:
http://getcluedincolorado.com

Same great information, same great blog--- fabulous new look! Check out http://getlcuedincolorado.com today!

Thursday, October 09, 2008

My Top Ten List - here's 5 more

As promised, I would finish my top ten list with 5 more things I am greatful for. Don’t get me wrong, there is a lot more but I think these round out the list. If you look at the September listings, I listed five there. Here are some more:

Six, I am very thankful that I am married to such a wonderful man. I know, I know, no one is perfect. I am not and neither is he and our relationship is certainly not perfect but he is such a good husband and a great father. It is through my daughter's eyes that I get to see the side of him I never knew. He loves our daughter more than anything and I know he does the right thing when it comes to our family. So, I am thankful for him – no comparisons, I am truly lucky to be with a partner like him in this life.

Seven, as my husband reminded me yesterday when we talked, if you don’t have your health, you really do not have anything and it made me realize how fortunate I was despite a root canal recently, and minor things going on, we all have our health including my daughter who is growing cuter daily.

Eight, in these tough economic times, and what is going on in the world, it is truly a blessing to have shelter, food, and nothing to really worry about. Sure, everything can change in an instant, but I am greatful that we have enough to carry us through if we need to go without for a little while. Fortunately both of us have upbringings to get through tough times as well if we need to. There are those who have nothing so I am very happy with where I am in life and what we have. I really could not ask for more right now in the way of wealth- I feel like the top 7 I have listed already have me covered.

Nine, there is nothing like feeling the first kicks and rolls in your belly from your unborn child. I wish a man could experience these feelings and these motions. As a woman, I am thankful that I get to experience pregnancy - with all that it brings. I am truly blessed to be pregnant with our second child who is kicking, elbowing, and squirming around inside me. There is no greater joy than to spend time with your child no matter how old but it is truly something else to feel that child developing inside of you and responding to what you drink, what you say, what you feel, and react to the world outside the womb.

Ten, I recently took over my own office as head of a legal office on an Air Force base- as part of a Wing. What a great feeling! Not the power, not the title, but the fact that someone entrusted me and saw my leadership potential to permit to progress in this manner. It is quite the feeling of responsibility, trust, and respect and I feel blessed to have this new position. It is a lot of work, and it means sacrificing for your people, and working hard to ensure your office stays the best – that it communicates well, that it functions well, and that we stay within our budgetary means. It is a lot but I feel so blessed to have this opportunity.